The records management section in Administration department sensitized staff in the college of Education and External Studies and College of health Sciences on prudent Records Management.
The main objective was to ensure that records created, received and maintained meet legal, statutory and operational requirements; are available at points of use and easily accessible. Specific objectives included:
- enhance effective use of information
- enhance service delivery, transparency and accountability in working processes
- ensure that records generated and maintained by the University meet legislative and regulatory requirements
- ensure the University records correctly reflect what was communicated or decided or what action was taken
- ensure that all records created/received and maintained by the University are reliable, precious, authentic, have integrity, useable and able to provide consistency, continuity and productivity in management and administration
- ensure proper identification, storage, retrieval, protection, retention, and disposal of records