welcome to the inaugural edition of our News Letter. the purpose of this News Letter is to keep our partiners, stakeholders, and customers updated on events of the Administration Department. this will be updated from time to time.
The Department acts as a central cordination hub of all University activities.
The Administration Department will be responsible for delivery of management’s service function to all operating units. It will, therefore, endeavour to connect and inspire all its customers and provide leadership.
VISION AND MISSION
The Department aspires to provide skilled, vibrant, positive, well motivated and appropriately remunerated workforce operating in a conducive, safe and secure environment with modern technology and facilities that will accelerate the realization of the University of Nairobi vision.
To provide an enabling environment for the University to achieve its set objectives by developing quality human resource to ensure efficient management of financial resources, enhance generation of the same, while working in state of the art physical facilities, in an environment which is both secure and healthy; applying modern technology and guided by the best international practices and in full compliance with the University of Nairobi Act and the law of the land.
In order to realize the above vision and mission, certain shared values shall be nurtured. There is great need for the Administration Department to be guided by the right values derived from the virtues and moral standards of the Kenyan and wider society.
The Department shall be guided by the following core values:
- Freedom of thought and expression. We shall promote and defend freedom of thought and expression in academic inquiry and other activities.
- Innovativeness and creativity. Innovativeness and creativity shall be the hallmark of our activities as we initiate and adapt to change.
- Good corporate governance. We embrace and practice good corporate governance. In this regard, we shall ensure that all our processes and procedures are marked by efficiency, effectiveness and transparency; we are accountable for our decisions and actions; our decision-making processes are participative and consultative; and our decisions and actions reflect meritocracy and are open and transparent;
- Team spirit and teamwork. We shall foster a work environment characterized by team spirit and teamwork.
- Professionalism. In all our actions and interactions, we shall maintain ethical behaviour, professional etiquette and honesty.
- Quality customer service. We shall provide quality services to our clients.
- Responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility. We shall nurture responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility.
- Respect for and conservation of the environment. In all our activities, we shall strive to respect and protect the environment.
Our role is to ensure adherence to the service charter, all University of Nairobi regulations, policies and the Laws of Kenya.
The Department is staffed with highly qualified manpower in Human Resource Development and other areas.
The Department is also involved in organizing both internal and external events which include community outreach programmes.
The just concluded Labour Day celebrations is worth mensioning since the University was well represented.
|Inaugural Newsletter.pdf||88.93 KB|