STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT FUND
The University of Nairobi places importance in staff development. Towards this end, it has a Staff Training and Development Fund (STDF), which is announced every year. During the development of the annual budget consideration is given, subject to availability of funds, to fund employee training and development.
The procedure for application for the staff training and development fund is as follows:
- The staff applies for training. The training should be relevant to their current duties, career development and functions of the University.
- The application is submitted to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (A&F) through the supervisor and relevant College authorities.
- The request is forwarded to the Registrar, Administration for a brief.
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (A&F) then considers the request in the light of the comments from College authorities and the Registrar’s brief.
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (A&F) then approves/disapproves the request.
- The decision of the DVC (A&F) is then communicated to the applicant.
Employee’s training and development needs are reviewed at least annually through performance appraisals and plans established to address any gaps.
|STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT FUND.pdf||201.83 KB|