Administration Department

Commited to Service Delivery

Embu University College
Printer-friendly version

The Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College was established in 1947 as an agriculture training school for pre-service training at certificate level to Kenya African Preliminary Examination (KAPE) students.Later in 1968, the Centre was renamed Embu Institute of Agriculture and started admitting secondary school leavers for two-year certificate training as Technical Assistants. In 1990, it was up-graded to an Agricultural Staff Training College whose mandate was to develop and implement short management and technical courses, and offer research and consultancy services to enhance performance in the agricultural sector.
 

This continued until June 2011 when the College was converted to Embu University College through a Legal Notice No. 65 of 17th June, 2011. The EUC council was
inaugurated after its upgrading from Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College by President Mwai Kibaki.The objective of the University College is to play a leading role in the development and expansion of the opportunities for higher education and research in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Water and Biological and Physical sciences.